Friday, February 6, 2009

Kumquat Marmalade (pronounced mar-mah-lahhhd)


This is what unemployed people do with their afternoons...

Wait...that's not true at all.   In fact, I'm willing to guess that Dahm and I were the only ones on the planet making kumquat marmalade yesterday afternoon, except for maybe these people.  Why kumquat marmalade you ask?  Well, mostly because of the name.  It sounds silly, pretentious and like something that is completely unnecessary.  At least two of those three I still agree with after making it.  I was also curious as to what a kumquat tasted like and since you generally don't really eat them according to the people in the cookbook who know what the hell they're doing, marmalade (again, pronounced mar-mah-lahhd) is really all you can do with a kumquat (pronounced kum-quat).  Regardless, I realized today after canning and everything else that I put way too much sugar in.  Then again, is there such a thing as too much sugar?  

Days Unemployed: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment