Friday, March 20, 2009

MADNESS!!!!!! Part 1

Well, it's finally here.  MARCH MADNESS!!!  Day 1 yesterday was very similar to Christmas for me.  For the first time ever, I watched every single game on Thursday and loathed CBS's usual inability to turn away from blowout games to good games.  I love/hate my life.  Since I don't have an office pool of my own, I joined the office pools of two people who have jobs.  I came out of yesterday with a stellar 14 out of 16.  I had VCU, who almost pulled it out at the end.  Oh, and I also picked my bracket before I knew Obama was doing one, which is now all over the place.  I'm pissed.  He picked the same final four as me AND picked VCU AND Syracuse to beat Oklahoma.  I thought about making last minute changes but then I said to myself, "Why should I change?  He's the one who sucks."  Just kidding.  I'm ok with Obama.  I don't think he sucks yet.  I just wanted to take a good opportunity to use an Office Space quote there.  

The main story line from yesterday's games was the horrible "gimme that fillet o' fish" commercial from McDonald's (may God strike them down) and the guy on Binghamton who looks kind of like John Bechdol.  This prompted lots of late night text messages flying around.  For those who used to work with me at LIM, I thought he looked like ET even more than John Bechdol.  I could only find a picture of Jaan Montgomery from Binghamton though.  

Rutgers' Mike Coburn (31) reaches for a loose ball against Binghamton' Jaan Montgomery during the first half of an NCAA college men's basketball game Saturday, Dec. 6, 2008, in Piscataway, N.J.  

Days Unemployed: 65

No comments:

Post a Comment