Monday, July 6, 2009

Searching for Inspiration....

I've been at a serious loss lately for anything inspiring to put up here.  I guess writer's block happens to everyone.  The good thing is I went back to Columbus for the second time in a month this weekend and got lots of inspiration.  Still waiting on some of the photos, which I will post when I get them but I'll put in what I have so far.  I was in town for my mom's __th birthday.  I surprised her by showing up as did her two sisters.  It went great and we followed up the surprise by going to a 4th of July parade in the short north called "The Doo Dah Parade."  Talk about a cast of characters.  Weirdos showed up from all over Columbus to put themselves on display.  There were a lot of kids there (including my nieces and nephew) and I was told it was kid appropriate....not so much, though I'm sure most of the jokes went over their heads.  The low point came when a bunch of hippies on an acid trip just kind of rubbed themselves on each other while chanting some incoherent nonsense.  The crowd went silent.  Not even the furthest reaches of my liberal, tolerant side understood these morons.  Here was one of my favorites though:



The other funny part about being at home was that I flew this time.  That meant I had no car.  My dad helped correct this problem by setting me up with my 93-year grandma's former car - a 1985 Nissan Maxima that has roughly 87,000 miles on it.  It was a little bit of a surreal experience as I looked in the rearview mirror and imagined my 4-year old self sitting in the back strapped in a car seat.  Weird.  Anyways, it brought back some good memories, especially the hi-tech sexy voice that warns me "key is in the ignition" or "door is ajar."   Then there were the power windows, power doors, and power sun roof....the epitome of technology.  Here is a picture of the vixen herself.  And yes, those are jumper cables.  


Roommates from college are coming into Chicago this weekend.  Gearing up for a hell of a time.  



Song of the Day:

Hockey - Song Away

No comments:

Post a Comment