Friday, May 29, 2009

Vegas Baby

Finally, a blog post. I'm not sure where the time is going but I sure as hell haven't had time to do a post lately. I also haven't been particularly inspired. Writers block maybe.

I was in Vegas last weekend, which should have provided some inspiration, but fortunately and unfortunately, we did a classy Vegas trip, which meant no debauchery, a limited number of weirdos, and thus, no hilarious stories that are worth telling. The only funny moment I can think of was when I made a last ditch effort to win my money back at 8:30 am on the morning we left. For the record, this was a successful effort. When I showed up to the blackjack table, a girl at the table said hello. I asked her how things were going. She said, "drunk." At 8:30 am! I understand this is par for the course in Vegas but still, I laughed.


As you can see in the picture below, Carrie is kissing a skull. This skull is filled with liquor. Vodka. Vodka made by Dan Aykroyd. It's called Crystal Skull. Good name.



On night two, Carrie's dad broke a glass at Japonais, and publicly blamed me. We spent the remainder of the dinner staging fake glass breaks. Needless to say, they didn't love us at Japonais.


Wednesday was my birthday. I got out of work early and went to a great dinner at Mia Francesca with Carrie and her mom. Eating the leftovers today. Last night, I went to Smoke Daddy BBQ with a few friends. That place is incredible. Just straight up good BBQ, nothing complicated, which is actually really hard to find. After gorging ourselves, we went to a few bars, including the Happy Village, which is a hole-in-the-wall neighborhood bar that also happens to be the underground headquarters of the city's table tennis playing community. Seth and I played there occasionally so showed up to take in a beer and perhaps a game. We ended up just watching this Asian guy (I think he was Thai) just maul people, one after the other, most notably a snotty Purdue kid with a big head that would childishly flick him off behind his back shortly before taking a ping pong ball in the eye. The best part about the Bangkok Baller was that he was not only toying with every opponent he played, but he was doing it with a roughly 3-inch diameter paddle, smaller than a hand. This is so advanced that I can't even find it online to give a link to what this looks like. Talk about degrading. I loved every minute of it.

# of edible plants grown in the garden: 2 (chives, lettuce)

No comments:

Post a Comment