Friday, June 5, 2009

Starbucks

I went to the hardware store to have some keys made for one of our buildings on Friday.  This hardware store near my office is the most poorly kept dirty, unorganized store in the world and I love it.  The employees are grizzled.  My kind of guys.  Unfortunately the feeling didn't seem to be mutual at first.  When I gave them the key to make copies of, the guy says to me, "it's going to be a few minutes.  You can run over to Starbucks or something."  Talk about a slap in the face.  I reply,  "are you implying I would like Starbucks?  What makes you think I would like Starbucks?  Just because I'm wearing khakis doesn't mean I like that shit."  Then, as a test, he asked me what coffee I did like.  I said "Dunkies.  All day."  For those who know me, I tend to add "all day" at the end of statements for emphasis.  This exchange instantly made me one of the guys.  They then sat me down at the counter with them and handed me a Chicago Sun-Times while they made my keys.  I won't lie.  It feels good to be blue collar, even though I'm not.  

Word of the Day: gaggle - a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization.

Sentence: How'd it go with that gaggle of girls you were talking to?


No comments:

Post a Comment