Monday, April 13, 2009

The Victory Tour Continues

First, let me address my lack of blogging for the last week despite still having lots of time.  I have been on a victory tour of sorts to celebrate the new job, which has involved a lot of things, namely partying.  However, I also bought a new bike!  I've been meaning to do this for a while and made a campaign promise to buy a road bike once I got a job.  So, last Saturday I bought one of these:

Synapse Alloy 5

I'm sure anyone reading this is asking themselves, why did Sean choose the 2009 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 5 in particular?  I'm glad you asked.  First, I was leaning towards a Cannondale initially because I liked how their frames are handmade in America.  Second, I thought the bike components matched up well versus components for similarly priced bikes from other brands.  Third, I loved it when I took it for a test drive.  Lastly, Being able to bargain a $100 discount was the clincher.  

A week later, I must say, this is one of the greatest purchases I have ever made.  Normally, you get buyer's remorse for a purchase like this.  No way.  I've taken three 20-30 mile rides already with ease - except for the third ride when the last 15 miles was into a 20 mph headwind with big gusts and the temperature dropped below 40 along the lake.  Ouch.  Anyways, riding one of these is night and day from your typical hybrid or leisure bike.  I guess now I'm a cyclist, not a biker?  

No comments:

Post a Comment