Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"That was a ninja turtles shirt and it was the right thing to do"

So, as I write this, I'm still in the process of trying to bring myself back to life from the shenanigans that went down this weekend. Me and a bunch of college friends, all of whom are bigger than me by 30-100 pounds, got together in Tahoe in honor of our fallen comrade, Max, who will be dedicating his life to a female named Elizabeth in less than two weeks. We are very happy for you Max and happy for ourselves that you getting married has provided us with an excuse to get together twice in a two week period. Soon you will be blessed with a beatiful wife, which I've been told will be accompanied by a "honey do" list. I just recently learned (not first hand, thank God) that this is a widely used term and I am frankly sickened by this revelation. For this weekend though, it was nothing but absurd amounts of dude. It's one of those that is best explained with pictures, though the pictures that most adequately describe the tenor of the weekend can't really be posted here. Most of the best pics I have were from a hike we went on through the mountains on Saturday. Severely dehydrated and not under the legal limit aren't the best ways to take a hike in an extremely dry climate but we made it work...


Potsmokers shanty we found up on the mountain. A pothead actually had the attention span to build this.


Here we found this, I'm not sure what it means but I liked it enough to declare it the theme for the weekend.
Then, we found this sweet rope tied to a tree, which started playtime. Despite getting riddled with splinters the first time, this is me doing it a second time because it was fun. Now I know how KC feels when he knowingly drinks Mount Gay Rum despite being allergic to it.


The splintered hands hurt, but not as much as when I dropped down to the ground. Look at my posture and look to the left of the picture. Yup.

The view did not suck

A small preview of the shenanigans....


....and of makeshift cheeseburger subs (a twooooooo, a twoooooooo a cheeeese a boooooooorger)

...and lastly of pain intentionally inflicted upon friends. I know one person who is sad he missed this fratty retarded, yet hilarious, awesome game more than anyone else who was not in attendance: Brian Niemczak.

Songs of the Weekend:
Show me your...
Pearl Jam - Daughter, Jeremy (a capella, a la tub de hot)
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (a capella, a la tub de hot)
Weezer - Say it Ain't So (a capella, a la tub de hot)
Toploader - Dancin in the Moonlight (live at delightfully cheesy karaoke bar)
Some others I can't think of because I hate Kings of Leon and their song Use Somebody so much and I can't get it out of my head. Gonna make you notttttttiiiiiiiiiiicceeee..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go open for U2 or something guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment