Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Exorcism of Bad Music

A while ago, I wrote a blog talking about a lot of the music I was listening to at the time. I will probably do the same thing again soon. However, before I tackle that, I need to clear the air and today's a good day to do it because I'm in a foul mood, though I'm not sure why. I hate music today. I think the record industry is a joke and I think we, as humans, are a joke because we buy this junky music they force-feed us. They should make foie-gras out of us because we're stuffed so full of it. This is epitomized by a radio station here in Chicago that I am unfortunately subjected to every single day, all day, because of our admin at work, who sits about 10 feet away and has the radio on and tuned into this station non-stop. I am forced to desperately try to avoid hearing this putrid music by wearing headphones, but alas, I can't always wear headphones. Thus, I can't help but hear this garbage. Since I've been hearing the same songs on this God forsaken station over and over every hour of every day for the last six months, I thought I would put together a "worst-of" list, which will hopefully have a purging effect on my brain, allowing me to rid myself of the heavy burden this music places on my soul.

This may be hard to understand as I don't really know the names of any of these songs, but I figured I'd name them by their most repeated and annoying lines. I wanted to put them in order of hatred but it's kind of like my friend KC once said, "It's like asking a kid, what do you like least - long division or state capitals?" It's hard to choose so I'll just list them all out:


All American Rejects - Hope it gives you hell, hope it gives yooooouuu hell (officially the worst song ever made)

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

Nickelback - their latest single, and every other song they've ever made

Black Eyed Peas - Tonight's gonna be a good night

Pink - Something about not feeling good sober and party being over

Unknown - Please don't stop the music....music

The Fray - Everyone knows I'm in over my head, over my head

Unknown - Sometimes goodbye is a second chaaance...

The Fray? - You found me, you found meeeeee....

Taylor Swift - Why can't you seeeeeeeee, you belong with meeeeeeee

Unknown - And the suuuuun will shine for yoooouuuuuu......whine whine whine

Unknown - I'm livin without you babyyyy, but you're still with me all the time

I want you to knooooowwwww.....something something something.....I'm already gone

You can allllways turn the car around......

....brella brella brellla ay ay ay ay brella ay brellla brellla ay ay ay ay ay brella....ay...ay....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyways, that's what sucks in 2009. I guess a lot of people probably said the same thing about Christopher Cross in 1980 when he did "Sailing" but at least he's wearing an Earl Campbell jersey, playing a double necked guitar, and looking like he just did a two minute kegstand. I don't hate you Christopher Cross.

Song of the Day:

Anything but any of the above.....please

No comments:

Post a Comment